You’re engaged, congrats! Now on to the fun part — planning! No really, it’s not as scary as it sounds. One of the first things a couple should do after picking a date and a venue is set up their wedding website. “Really, you want me to create a website right now?” Yes and here’s why:
- It’s easier than you think. There are a ton of free wedding websites out there (see some or our favorites below) that require no more skill than entering your names, dates and uploading photos. You can set yours up in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, seriously.
- It will keep you organized. Add in venues, times and more as you know them to stay on track. Most website builders allow you to set pages to private so no one else can see that information until you’re ready to share it.
- Because paper invitations get lost. Inevitably people forget or lose that beautiful paper invitation you painstakingly created. It happens. Save yourself the stress of ‘where am I supposed to be again?’ texts on the day of with your website. Most website builders have mobile-friendly templates so guests will stay in-the-know while they’re on-the-go.
- Get friends and family excited. There’s a lot of hubbub around an engagement and your loved ones want to know every detail. Use your website to share your proposal story, how you met, introduce your bridal party and/or add photos that help to tell the story of you.
- It’s a great way to share your registry. Sometimes people feel awkward about sharing their registry directly on save the dates or invitations and the URLs can be an unwanted addition to your beautifully designed stationary. Save yourself the hassle of adding individual links to multiple registries. Simply add the single link to your wedding website which can house all of the links to your various registries or charities.
- Short on time. This is a GREAT groom or less dominant planner task. It will help your partner feel involved while you handle the other stuff.
Want to make your site extra special? We recommend adding a wedding logo. There’s a million varieties you can try like a more modern take on the classic monogram or add in arrow icons or experiment with lines and shapes to dress it up a bit:
Upload your logo to your wedding website and instantly set the tone for your wedding. For a cohesive look carry that logo from your wedding website to your stationary and personalized touches on the day-of.
Just think how cute that logo would look on a wooden stir stick adorning your custom cocktails. Your logo helps to create a story from your first interaction with your guests on your wedding website to those final “they thought of everything!” details at your reception. So, how will you tell your story?
P.S. Here are some of our favorite sites that make it easy to upload your own logo for that extra personal touch: