Gift It: Orange Blossom Candied Cranberries with Food52
Whether for hostess gifts, holiday party favors or stocking-stuffer treats, nothing beats a yummy, homemade food gift – especially when it’s as beautiful as it is delicious. That’s why we’re so excited about this holiday food-gifting contest with Food52, our favorite community food blog, chock-full of accessible recipes, kitchen wisdom and incredibly curated goods (its e-store Provisions is the source of much of our Christmas wish list)! Food52 is asking readers to pair a Food52 Top Recipe with a Provisions product to make it giftable. Five winners will receive a $50 Provisions credit, plus $35 toward professional Makr prints (to order custom-designed labels, stickers or gift tags for presentation-ready gifting)!
Our designer Danielle made one of the site’s Community Picks: Orange Blossom Candied Cranberries, packaging them in Provision’s weck jars. She added sweet labels made with Makr and printed on Avery’s Print-to-the-Edge Round Labels 22807.
Ingredients (Makes 1.5 cups):
– 1 cup water
– 2 teaspoons orange blossom water (found in specialty stores or onAmazon.com)
– 2.5 cups granulated sugar, divided
– 1 cup fresh cranberries
1. Bring water, orange blossom water, and 1 cup sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat.
2. Cool the sugar syrup for 10 minutes, then add the cranberries to the saucepan and allow to cool completely.
3. Transfer the cranberries and syrup to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
4. Spread the remaining sugar on a plate. Drain the soaked cranberries for about 40 minutes (don’t let them dry out, or the sugar won’t stick!). Then, working slowly by the small handful, toss a few cranberries at a time in the sugar, coating well. Put the sugar-coated cranberries on a baking sheet and allow to dry for at least an hour before serving.
5. These candied cranberries keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days before getting soft. Danielle packaged the cranberries in the Provisions Weck Jars and round stickers customized in Makr’s Winthrop theme to make them even sweeter.
Wouldn’t you love to receive these gorgeous cranberries? We’re popping them by the handful here at Makr headquarters! They would also be beautiful cake decorations or sundae toppers and equally striking simply set out in a pretty bowl for festive snacking!
Enter the contest here! Submissions must be received by 9pm EST on Sunday, December 1. Happy making – and food-gifting! [Update: The contest is now closed. Thank you for participating and congratulations to our winners!]