DIY Bride: Homemade Lavender Bath Melts
It’s time to treat yo’ self – and your bridal party! Our team member Ricca made these honey lavender bath melts (Happy Money Saver), and wouldn’t they be a sweet addition to a bridesmaids’ gift?
Show your bridal party thanks for all the time, money and love they spent celebrating you. Group the bath melts with robes, slippers, loofahs and the such to make a gift basket they can use to celebrate themselves! Here’s the how-to…
– 50 grams shea butter
– 50 grams cocoa butter*
– 1/4 tsp Yogi-brand Honey Lavender Stress Relief herbal organic tea
– 1 tsp lavender flowers
– 30 drops lavender essential oil
– silicone heart mold
1. Using a double boiler or your microwave, melt the shea and cocoa butters together.
2. Break open a tea bag and measure out 1/4 tsp of the herbs inside. Add the tea and lavender to the melted butter mixture, stirring to combine.
3. Put your silicone mold on a cookie sheet., then drop 2 drops of essential oil into each mold heart.
4. Pour melted mixture into the mold.
5. Allow to cool, or freeze for about 20 minutes.
*Ricca’s Pro Tip: Use less cocoa butter (which has such a strong scent) than shea butter so as to not overpower the soothing lavender aroma!
Packaging the bath melts in canning jars and adding custom labels makes them not only gift-ready but also turns them into sweet mementos of your wedding weekend. List the ingredients or a custom message to your bridal party.
And there you have it: a cost-effective and easy-to-make group gift that your friends are sure to soak up. (See what we did there?) Happy making!